The Golden Age of the Madrigal Edited by Alfred Einstei
for item Music123
This is a vintage music book titled “The Golden Age of the Madrigal – Twelve Five-Part Mixed Choruses.” The music was edited by Alfred Einstein. The book also includes the original Italian Texts with English versions. The book was published by G. Schirmer, Inc., of New York with a copyright of 1942.
The choruses include:
* S’infinita Bellezza (Since beauty that is boundless) – Jacques Arcadelt
* O Morte, Eterno Fin (Last slumber, eternal end) – Cipriano De Rore
* Quand’io Pens’al Martire (When I think how I languish) – Claudio Merulo
* Ecco L’aurora Con L’aurata Fronte (Lo, how Aurora with her golden graces) - Andrea Gabrieli
* Verament’in Amore (Love, in truth, to a lover) – Filippo Di Monte
* Quand’io Ero Giovinetto (When I was a merry stripling) – Giovanni Gabrieli
* Quivi Sospiri (Therein deep sighing) – Luzzasco Luzzaschi
* Erasi al Sole il Mio Bel Sole Assiso (My queenly sun before the sun was seated) – Costanzo Porta
* Fiere Silvestre (Wild, silvan creatures) – Luca Marenzio
* Ah Dolente Partita! (Ah, this parting will slay me) – Giaches Wert
* Fummo Felici un Tempo (Fortune once made us happy) – Orazio Vecchi
* Di Marmo Siete Voi (Of marble you are fashioned) – Marco Da Gagliano
The soft cover book is in very good condition with some very minor wear to the book edges. The front cover has a stamp of the previous owner's name on it. Also, the front cover page has a name written on it. The interior pages are extremely clean with no writing or dog-ears. .
Please include $2.75 for Media Mail shipping in the U.S. Add an additional $1.65 if you would like the shipment insured.
I add new items to my shop frequently. Please bookmark Moments In Time and visit often!
Thank you for looking!