The Christmas Messiah by George Frederick Handel
for item Music197
This is a very nice vintage Christmas music program titled “The Christmas Messiah” by George Frederick Handel. The Christmas portions of Handel’s “Messiah” are made practical for church choirs, high school choruses, and choral societies. The music was edited by Ira B. Wilson.
Lorenz Publishing Company of Dayton, Ohio, published the book that has a copyright of 1933. The front two pages have the text of the Christmas Cantata.
The table of contents:
* Comfort Ye My People – Introduction and Tenor Recitative
* And the Glory of the Lord – Choir
* Then Shall the Eyes of the Blind be Opened – Alto Solo, Recitative
* He Shall Feed His Flock – Alto Solo, Air
* But Who May Abide the Day of His Coming? – Bass Solo
* O Thou That Tellest Good Tidings – Choir
* For Unto Us A Child is Born – Choir
* There Were Shepherds Abiding in the Field – Soprano Solo
* And Lo, the Angel of the Lord Came Upon Them – Soprano Solo
* And the Angel Said Unto Them – Soprano Solo
* And Suddenly There Was With the Angel – Soprano Solo
* Glory to God – Choir
* Rejoice Greatly, O Daughter of Zion – Soprano Solo
* Why Do the Nations Rage? – Bass Solo or Basses in Unison
* I Know That My Redeemer Liveth – Soprano Solo
* Hallelujah! - Choir
The book is in very good condition – inside and out. The upper right corner of the front cover has been fractured.. The interior pages are “like-new” clean – no writing or dog-ears. There are 60 pages.
Please include $2.75 for media mail shipping in the U.S. Add an additional $1.65 if you would like the shipment insured.
I add new items to my shop frequently. Please bookmark Moments In Time and visit often!
Thank you for looking!