Antique 1847 Print of Princeton Before It Was Princeton
$95 with free shipping in USA SOLD
From the 1847 book "Historical Collections of the State of New Jersey," where it appears on page 267, this hand-colored historical print depicts the "College of New Jersey, Princeton." The school was renamed Princeton University in 1896. The artist is John Warner Barber. The image area of this print is 3½ by 6¼ inches. It is handsomely framed within an eglomisé border of black with a gold band in a gold and silver gilt frame which measures approximately 9½ by 11½ inches. The frame came with the print, but when we opened it to remount the print on an archival board we saw that it was actually made with real gold leaf.