C M Hutschenreuther Hohenberg cup and saucer #3154
for item safn-2257
C.M Hutschenreuther Hohenberg Bavaria fine china cup & matching saucer in their #3154 pattern. Yellow band with laurel leaves, small flower sconces, and roses pattern on the rim with gold ring and edge trim. Mark implies 1814-1919, Green mark CM HR with crown and shield. Hutschenreuther is the name of the family that established the production of porcelain in Northern Bavaria, in 1814. Hutschenreuther was a trend-setter and enabled Germany to gain an excellent reputation in the European porcelain industry. The company was founded in 1814 by Carl Magnus Hutschenreuther (c1780-1845) and based in Hohenberg an der Eger, Bavaria, Germany. Carl had previously worked at the Wallendorf porcelain manufacture in Lichte (Wallendorf). After his death in 1845, the factory was headed by his widow, Johanna Hutschenreuther, and her sons. From 1860, they produced gilded porcelains that were hand painted. A large part of the factory was destroyed by a fire in 1848 but it was rebuilt.
The mark for C.M. Hutschenreuther is a shield with a crown over it and the initials "C M H R" in the shield.
C. M. Hutschenreuther, Hohenberg/Eger
In the early part of the 20th century, Hutschenreuther grew quickly by absorbing factories at Altrohlau (1909), of Carl Auvera in Arzberg (1918/1919. 9 sets available, and all are PERFECT. Price is per cup with its matching saucer.