R.&W. Wilson (Philadelphia) Engraved Coin Teaspoon
Wilson was a prominent name in 19th century Philadelphia silver manufacturing. The firm operated as a partnership between Robert and William from the 1820's to the 1850's and it was during this time that this 5 3/4" long, .6 T. oz., coin silver teaspoon was made. The broad handle, narrow shank design of the handle stands apart from what is generally characteristic of the company's style. It has attractive engraving on the handle, with a reserve at the tip. This has a fancy, feathered script "CAH" monogram. It is in excellent condition, with a well-shaped bowl that is free of tip wear, and a fine finish.